Friday, April 9, 2021

Voiceovers & Magazine

Recently, we worked on our voiceovers for the history section

We had decided early on to have a history section of our documentary, to establish context to our interviewees. I did research on a series called Explained, which I will link here. I found inspiration from the varied use of graphics and voiceovers( diegetic and non- diegetic sound) to teach about the evolution and widespread influence of Korean Pop. Therefore, we decided to use our voiceovers and various photos and graphics, to effectively establish history of migration. 

We decided for the voiceover to be 30 seconds, to keep it concise and following genre conventions of our target audience. Though, we did have some miscommunication about how the voiceover needed to be done. I thought we decided to purposely speak really fast, but coherently, to add a lighthearted tone to the piece. I had recorded my voiceover that way, but after discussing with Colin, he had wanted it to be in a more medium speed. Therefore, I had to complete my voiceover again. Also, we realized that we may not have time to cover all the events I researched in my two posts. This is because of time, as well as the context of the events not being applicable to the piece. Therefore, we decided to focus on events that displayed sharp increase or decrease of immigration, to focus on the beginnings of collective identities forming, and link it to present time. 

Also, we finished working on the magazine. Primarily Colin worked on it, because he has experience with writing articles and various pieces. I am currently working on the social media, and planning out the 20 posts we are required to do. We have already made a social media account, so after our planning, we will get ahead to posting our content. We are almost at the end of the project, and I am very excited to see how it turns out. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection

Creative Critical Reflection For the past 8 weeks, I have worked on my AICE Media Studies A Level project, "________ American", wi...