Tuesday, March 3, 2020

Idea Reflection

During class today, my teacher had us sit in groups and talk about our project and the processes that my partner and I are doing. As I discussed my project, everyone was really responsive to the idea of grief and how to express it through modes other than sadness and crying. But one of the undecided things in the plot was the symbolic prop that would end the film opening, and allow the audience to understand that the opening is about a funeral. Some of the things that the people in my group recommended was having more objects or pictures of the friend and the main character, to imply what the opening would be about. Though, one of my doubts was using implied visual cues and props, as their is a chance that it can be misinterpreted, or make the opening more confusing. I went to ask my teacher about this, and she recommended to make a funeral announcement, which would have the deceased friends picture and certain title on it. This was a really good idea because it would help to conclude the opening, and make it definite to what the story is about.

In my partners group, he got the recommendation to change a part in our story, where the main character throws away a friendship bracelet, as it reminds her of her deceased friend and makes her really mad. Some of the group members thought it was too harsh, and recommended that the main character would have a more pensive and emotional moment, and have reflection on their friendship.. This could be further shown with a flashback, which my partner and I were thinking of doing. 

This week, Colin and I are planning to start the first half of filming, and make many of the props to add to the room. We are hoping to finish to finish the storyboard before, as it has been every- changing thing for us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection

Creative Critical Reflection For the past 8 weeks, I have worked on my AICE Media Studies A Level project, "________ American", wi...