Monday, April 5, 2021

Meeting with Partner #2 Continued

We talked about adding B- roll footage and drawn letters in our production. 

In our last meeting, I had some realizations about the interviewee part of our documentary. Due to time constraints, we decided to organize our documentary in 3 parts: history, interviews, and analysis. We were planning to have analysis in between certain parts of the interview. Though, this previous plan has stopped us from making progress on the last minute. Therefore, this change is a better option because it allows us to proceed to plan and complete the rest of the documentary. I discussed this with Colin, and he agreed with me on this. I got inspiration from the film, "Enola Holmes", which had insert titles to explain the changes in the plot. I will insert a picture below. 



Another idea I have which was using B- roll footage of our interviewees, as a way to introduce our 5 people. I thought would be a good idea, to keep the tone of the piece a bit lighthearted and fun as well. Our documentaries intention is to inform our target audience of Generation Z people, but it is necessary to have engaging and personable moments, to keep the audience interested. I will insert a piece of our group meeting below. 


In this meeting, we were discussing about using written text lettering, to introduce the questions we ask to our interviewees. This idea came to us because of a mistake I made when interviewing some of the people. In our video call software, I forgot to pin the user in the call, which would have made the recording focus on only the interviewees. Therefore, some of the recordings focus on my video chat icon, which I did not want to happen. I was thinking of a way to mitigate this situation, and I thought of the written text idea Colin and I came up with before. Because I have a touchscreen and 360 turning laptop, and pen to write on my laptop, I am planning to write the text myself. This text will be placed at the beginning of some interviews. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection

Creative Critical Reflection For the past 8 weeks, I have worked on my AICE Media Studies A Level project, "________ American", wi...