Friday, February 26, 2021

Group Meetings

We had our group meeting today, and I got some good advice. 

Our instructor put us in virtual break out groups. to discuss with our classmates about our project. I was the only one doing the documentary project, but it was still greatly helpful to hear my group members advice. When presenting my idea, most all my group members were really responsive to it. They thought it was a great idea, and was relatable to a large majority of Generation Z people. They thought this idea was something that was feasible to do in the social- distancing circumstances, and would fit the criteria of this project. 

Some of the questions I posed to my group were based on design and marketing. I posed the question about how we could make our documentary design "inclusive", or having the color scheme representative of many different cultures. One of my group members recommended having an introduction that puts multiple flags together. This was a great idea, and is something Colin and I have discussed doing. We would want to make a sequence where we showcase flags, increasing the pace as we show more and more flags. This would help market the piece as media that involves a representation of as many cultures as possible. Additionally, another group member said to animate certain words the speaker is saying that are thought- provoking and important. I also thought it was a great idea, and is a relatively simple way to keep our piece engaging to our target audience. 

On the subject of animation, I was thinking it would be a good choice to do with this project. In our explanation of our topics concept, it would be helpful to use representations and visuals to illustrate our points. I asked my group members about some editing tools, and one member provided me some great advice. She recommended an app called Procreate, which has the ability to make a variety of simple and complex animations. Because I am new to the animation process, she gave me some tips on how to make simple versions. First, she advised to start off with a picture, and make annotations over that. It helps to have a guide for where to annotate, so the moving picture would look cohesive. Additionally, she talked about transitions between animations, and how you can use a text or slide moving feature, to make it seem like certain scene transitions are animated. 

The group meetings were very helpful, and helped me pinpoint certain aspects of the project I needed to research on more. And I promise, this next post will be my long- awaited research post. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection

Creative Critical Reflection For the past 8 weeks, I have worked on my AICE Media Studies A Level project, "________ American", wi...