Thursday, February 25, 2021

Schedule

Recently, we created a schedule for the duration of the project. We feel this schedule works because we both have a more concrete plan of what the final product is going to be. We came into this project with an idea of what we wanted to do, which makes the brainstorming and production time a little bit shorter than previous projects. 

We are currently on week 2, and have address numerous points in our plan. My partner and I have decided to keep the target audience Generation Z, because they are the most culturally diverse genre, and would relate to the piece the most. Additionally, Colin and I have first- hand experience about our topic, from the lens of Generation Z. Therefore, we both have an informed understanding of what the audience wants, in terms of production, marketing, and aesthetics. I want to research about production choices that would cater to a more Generation Z audience, to better inform ourselves about our audience. 

Additionally, we have decided to have 5 episodes in our series. This was a recommendation from our instructor, to have an odd number of episodes. Though, we agreed on this choice because our structure of addressing learning culture in a different country, how Colin and I relate to it, and some ways we learned traditions, fits in 5 episodes. We were thinking about defining our concept of culture and dual identity in the first episode, interview people and ourselves in the second and third episode, and address media, art, clothing and food in the final 2 episodes. I know art can include media and clothing, so that could be one episode in its entirety. 

I will continue working on research, as I am still lacking that perspective when brainstorming for this project. We received some great advice, so I feel we can come up with our idea by the end of the week, fingers crossed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection

Creative Critical Reflection For the past 8 weeks, I have worked on my AICE Media Studies A Level project, "________ American", wi...