Saturday, April 11, 2020

Last Post: Project Reflection


As I finish the last edits to my opening and CCR, I have learned so much from the experience and how to be better in concepts particular to this subject, and in other facets of learning. 

One of the main things I learned is the value of time management. With planning this project, my partner and I were on top of many parts, such as the idea making, storyboarding, and recording of half of the storyboard. As this process was something new for the both of us, we wanted to make sure that we took as much time as possible to make all parts of the project as well done as possible. With the current pandemic going on, I am glad that my partner and I kept up with the work, and were still able to manage finishing the project in the social distancing conditions that exist. 


In terms of production of the project, I learned what to focus on when making an idea into a tangible plot. With an opening, it was important have a plot that that be developed and had enough information to interest the audience to watch the rest of the "movie". If we were to develop too much or too little information, the opening would not convey the necessary tone or tell the story needed to be told. When coming up with our idea, we wanted it to revolve around the topic of sadness and grief. Constructing an idea to not explicitly tell what message to convey, but to present it in terms of an event makes the story relatable, and applicable to the target audience watching. When coming up with the idea, we had gotten the imperative advice to focus on situation instead of a character or setting. With focusing on the situation as the main character getting ready for her deceased friends funeral, we were able to talk about the feelings experiences, physical appearances, the age range of the characters, to contribute to the overall tone of the piece. 

I learned much from this experience, and gained a new found interest for video production and the creation of a story that is valuable to for audiences to learn. Also, I found out that I am decent at acting, and will be more confident in my skills. This project showed me the variety of careers that are available to me, separate from what I set out to do. I really liked the finished product, and hope everyone will enjoy it as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection

Creative Critical Reflection For the past 8 weeks, I have worked on my AICE Media Studies A Level project, "________ American", wi...