Wednesday, April 8, 2020

CCR Time

So our opening is finally complete! I am so happy with the final product, and am really proud of the work Colin and I did. Now its time for the Creative Critical Reflection!

Throughout the project, I kept in mind the four questions in order to base my whole project process around. This helped as the process for creating this is much easier. The most interesting question to answer is the first one, about genre conventions and representation. As a piece in the drama genre, it does not have all the norms of the piece, specifically with the age of the cast. It deals with a heavy topic, which is the loss of a friend, from the younger standpoint. As discussed in the previous blog post, we found that representing teenagers became a big part of the representation for our piece, as we wanted to depict them in a more solemn way.

Originally, we had thought to expand on the feeling of anger with the loss of the friend. But after some discussion with other students and peers in my class, we felt that this was a little harsh to go about it, and can feed into certain stereotypes of teens being "overdramatic" or "immature" in a sense. We wanted to show them in a more responsible way, dealing with the grief and sorrow more mature than the older population may think.

Also, in terms of representation, it was not a explicit thing we wanted to do to make the characters of minorities. It just happened that we are both of a minority, and researched and saw that the representation of our race is not always present in movies in the drama genre. It is something that I am thinking of including in the CCR, just as another layer to the meaning of our piece.

These are some of the ideas I am thinking of the first question, but more is to come for the rest. I will be highlighting my progress of my project in the next post, and be posting my opening and my CCR very soon. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection

Creative Critical Reflection For the past 8 weeks, I have worked on my AICE Media Studies A Level project, "________ American", wi...