Sunday, March 29, 2020

Editing Struggles

So I have run into an issue. My partner and I are editing our opening, and it looks like a montage at the moment. I had covered this potential issue in one of my previous posts, and I am trying to figure out a way to solve this. If this cannot be solved, it would not evoke the sense of grief and sadness that we are trying to go for.

One way I could fix it is to connect all scenes by a certain part of the character or the setting. One example is focusing of the main characters eyes, and where it travels. This can tell my partner and I when to cut the video, and make a transition that seems cohesive and normal. This can be applied to a common feature in the set, such as an object or memory. The plot of the story involves using multiple objects that the deceased friend and the female character shared, which helps to progress the plot. We still need something more specific to make the opening as effective as possible.

Another way is to use editing features on the platform being used, in this case being WeVideo. One of the features I was exploring was the fade in/fade out feature, which is something that can work well with the type of opening that my partner and I are doing. Though, it is not something we can use for all of the opening, or it can become corny and repetitive. My partner and I will have to talk more about this, as this is a major issue that needs to be solved.

One avenue that can help with this issue is the use of correct music. Music being it the background, and changing from a less to more intense sound, can be a great tool to transition from scene to scene in a emotional and character driven sense. My partner has found some sources of music, but we are waiting to put the music until we are done with the editing. We had decided that having a fully edited project would help to pick the best type of music, as we would have a better understanding of what emotions and tones are expressed with the full opening completed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection

Creative Critical Reflection For the past 8 weeks, I have worked on my AICE Media Studies A Level project, "________ American", wi...