Friday, February 28, 2020

Scratch... Just Scratch That

So, my partner and I decided to not do the beach idea, because the representation of that is too implied. My partner and I are not extremely skilled to create a film opening with so much implied symbolism, and want to focus on making things direct and straight to the point. As we discussed and talked more with our teacher, she gave us some good advice about establishing a setting or conflict more than the character and its story, because the two minutes we have for the film opening is not enough to establish character, and can leave many parts of the opening hard to understand. 

We decided to keep the same idea of grief, and show the girl waking up and getting ready for her friends funeral. As she leaves her house, she will see her friends house, which is across from her house, and sees something that represented her friend, like a symbol, and it cuts to the title, which is called The Memory of Happiness. This idea would be much more realistic as my partner and I are developing an event, and have more context to work on, which would translate into a more understandable film opening.

On another note, my partner and I had a casting call today! We had talked to the drama teacher, Ms. Lutwin, and she was super happy to help us find the perfect person. Two people came to audition, and here are their audition tapes.
















No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection

Creative Critical Reflection For the past 8 weeks, I have worked on my AICE Media Studies A Level project, "________ American", wi...