Saturday, February 29, 2020

Switch it up, change it up

So after discussing about the casting call, Colin and I decided that both of the actors would not work for our project. Being able to emote with little dialogue is what we asked for, but they were not able to execute this as much as we wanted. In our opening, some scenes involve having emotional reactions of anger and denial when looking at objects that remind the main character of her friend. The people who came to audition were good, but I was hoping for a creative approach to their "performance" of grief, which was not really shown. In terms of creative, grief is not only being sad, but can involve rage, denial, and an overall negative mindset.

My partner and I decided to have me be the actor in our opening. I was saying before than neither of us wanted to act because we are not exactly experienced with it. In my case, I have acted in videos for film projects, but it was not like I was excellent or anything at it. We decided to do this due to the amount of time it would take to put another casting call together, and the lack of guarantee that any more people would come to the new one.

This next week is extremely busy for my partner and I, as we have much work to do this week for all our classes. Both of us have our SAT test next week, and are making sure to study and be prepared for it. We are planning to start filming by Thursday or Friday, after we get our props and location finalized. Some of the props we are planning to have are mementos that are shared between the main character and the friend, to provide context to emotional responses being given. Their will be more explanation on this with my next blog post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection

Creative Critical Reflection For the past 8 weeks, I have worked on my AICE Media Studies A Level project, "________ American", wi...