Monday, March 22, 2021

Reflection on Interview #3

 I also interviewed another person a couple of days ago

She is a good friend of mine, and has participated in one of our previous class documentary projects. I had asked her a couple of weeks ago if she wanted to do this, and she was happy to do it. After completing two interviews, I felt comfortable with our prepared questions, and knew they were constructed well. As the interview went on, some of the answers she brought up were extremely relatable to my multi- cultural experience. She brought up experiences that were relevant in my life, which made the interview so meaningful and impactful. As recommended by a peer in our group meetings, I had asked her to bring a prized possession to our Zoom call, and explain the sentiments behind it, if she felt comfortable. The object that she had brought was something special to her, and influenced her success in many standardized tests and exams. I also carry a similar object like that, that brings me confidence and strength in important events in my life. It was so interesting to see how similar the application of our cultural heritage could be, and how it has dictated our lives thus far. Overall, the interview went well, and I gained a lot of knowledge and understanding about culture in that time. 

I will be going over the footage, and picking parts that we want to include. Colin and I are working to get these interviews done, in order to start formulating and recording the other two parts of our project. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection

Creative Critical Reflection For the past 8 weeks, I have worked on my AICE Media Studies A Level project, "________ American", wi...