Wednesday, February 17, 2021

A- Level Introduction Post

 This is the introduction to the A- level project. 

With the last few months of senior year, my goals for this project is to make something that is memorable and proud of. This year has been difficult in terms of being on tasks and motivated. Therefore, I want to utilize this project as a way to motivate myself for the next three months, and practice skills of time management and organization. 

I decided to work with Colin, who I worked with for my AS portfolio project and numerous class project. Due to the circumstances of online learning and social distancing, I did not want to work with someone new. Through our time working together, we have developed a great synergy, and really respect each others ideas and brainstorming processes. Therefore, I am confident that we will work together well, and recover from potential setbacks well.

We had our first discussion, where we decided to do the documentary project. We had some previous ideas in brain storming sessions, that we felt we wanted to use for this project. One of our ideas is about culture, and how that is expressed through food. Colin and I had a similar opinion about this, as both of our families value food teaches us value and traditions of our culture. Additionally, I thought about honing on the topic of culture, talking specifically about the generation of American kids, that originate from different countries. It is difficult to teach culture and tradition, to a child that is not born the original country of said culture. Colin and I understand this situation first hand, making this topic a bit easier to produce. 

We will have to research more into the genre, examples, and ideas for the 5 minute documentary excerpt. Also, we are working on making a schedule, that will be featured in our next blog post. But, we got a good start with todays discussion, and will continue to research to develop this idea more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection

Creative Critical Reflection For the past 8 weeks, I have worked on my AICE Media Studies A Level project, "________ American", wi...